The Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs ("the Minister") made the Regulations for the Proper Administration of Nature Reserves as set out in the schedule to the notice. The aforementioned Regulations make provision for, inter alia, the following:
- Application and information;
- Powers and responsibilities of management authorities;
- Biodiversity management and conservation in Nature Reserves;
- Use of biological resources in Nature Reserves;
- Access to Nature Reserves;
- Use of water area in Nature Reserves;
- Restricted and prohibited activities; and
See Government Notice No. 99 in Government Gazette No. 35021 of 8 February 2012.
The Minister published the Biodiversity Policy and Strategy for South Africa: Strategy on Buffer Zones for National Parks as set out in the schedule to the notice for general information. The function of Buffer Zones for National Parks is to, inter alia, reduce or mitigate the negative influences of activities taking place outside the National Parks on the National Parks, and to better integrate National Parks into their surrounding landscapes. See Government Notice No. 106 in Government Gazette No. 35020 of 8 February 2012.