Editorial Comments Guidelines
This Editorial Policy is applicable to all content submitted by Users “User Content” of Creamer Media’s websites “Website”. For the avoidance of doubt, “User Content” includes, without limitation, comments on articles published by Creamer Media.
Grant of Licence
By submitting content to this Website, the User grants Creamer Media a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute and store such content and, incorporate such content into other works in any media now known or later developed without limitation. A User that does not wish to grant Creamer Media these rights should not submit such content to the Website. Users under the age of eighteen (18) may only publish content post obtaining their parent or guardian's permission.
Removal of Content
Creamer Media shall be entitled, without notice, to delete or remove any User content that may be: defamatory; infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights; obscene; threatening; offensive; racist, objectionable, sexist, harmful or otherwise objectionable content; content that violates the legal rights of others or that could damage a computer (e.g. viruses); advertising; promoting an illegal act; content that constitutes an unauthorised disclosure of personal information; is in violation of this Policy or is in breach of the Website Legal Notice.
The User acknowledges and shall adhere to the following when posting content to the Website:
- The User shall be respectful of other users, the system, and the Creamer Media editors including their designees “Editors”.
- The User shall limit comments to a maximum of 150 words. If a comment is longer than this, Creamer Media is not obliged to publish it. However, should the User wish to submit a lengthier comment, please write a letter to the editor and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Creamer Media does not accept unsolicited advertisements of any kind. The User shall refrain from posting such unsolicited advertisements. It will be the sole discretion of the Editors as to what constitutes an advertisement.
- The User shall not insult other Users.
- The User shall ensure that the content posted is relevant and “on topic”.
- The User shall not incite illegal conduct.
- The User shall not post any content that includes nudity.
- The User shall ensure that images posted are not more than 800 pixels wide.
- The User shall not post content in CAPS. Such content is difficult to read considered to be the equivalent of shouting.
- A legitimate email address must be submitted by a User with all content posted to the Website. Anonymous comments will be allowed, and in such cases, the email address associated with the comment is not published on the Website.
- Please note that the Editors will check the comments only periodically and that particularly over weekends, public holidays and vacation periods there may be a delay of some days before eligible comments are published on the Website.
How to Report Abuse of Website
Users may report abuse of the Website or objectionable content by informing the Deputy Editor of such abuse or content. The Deputy Editor may be contacted on email@example.com. The report should include the following information:
- A direct quote of the abusive or objectionable content;
- A link to the abusive or objectionable content;
- Reasons for considering the content abusive or objectionable;
- Identification of the User who posted the abusive or objectionable content; and
- The User complaining may also provide their contact details.
- Creamer Media shall in its sole discretion remove the content reported.
Limitation of Liability
The views expressed by Users of the Website do not necessarily reflect the views of Creamer Media. Creamer Media shall not be held liable in respect of any content posted by the Website Users. Creamer Media disclaims any warranty, express or implied in respect of the Website. Creamer Media shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use any Website content.