/ MEDIA STATEMENT / The content on this page is not written by Polity.org.za, but is supplied by third parties. This content does not constitute news reporting by Polity.org.za.
The 2021 General Household Survey (GHS) released by StatsSA today confirmed the DA-run Western Cape as the top-performing province in terms of service delivery. Compared to other provinces, residents in the Western Cape have a better quality of life that is supported by an efficient and clean government.
According to the GHS, the Western Cape comes out top on almost all service delivery metrics with:
- 99.4% of households having access to piped or tap water;
- Less than 4.9% of households reporting water interruptions (the national average is 30.8%);
- 94.5% of households with access to improved sanitation in the country;
- 94.8% of households of households with access to flush toilets;
- the WC having the highest number of households that get refuse removal at least once a week;
- 95.1% of households connected to the mains electricity supply;
- the WC having the highest number of children in pre-school and grade R;
- 71.2% of WC households deriving their income from salaries (the highest in the country – speaks to the relatively high number of people employed in the province compared to other provinces)
With the Auditor-General recently confirming that the Western Cape has the highest number of well-run municipalities in South Africa, it is clear that running clean governments translates into a high quality of life for residents.
While the ANC busies itself with stealing people’s money and capturing State institutions for connected cadres, the DA has once again proven that it is committed to improving people’s lives through better service delivery.
Issued by Cilliers Brink MP - DA Shadow Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs