The South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SACCI) hereby thanks the participants at our 2012 Annual Convention held on the 4th and 5th of October at the Gallagher Convention Centre. The list of notable speakers at the convention included amongst others:
• H.E. Mr Jacob Zuma
• Mr Jean-Guy Carrier, Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
• Hon. Dr Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education and Training
• Hon. Ms Helen Zille, Leader of the DA and Premier of the Western Cape
SACCI is honored to have hosted such eminent leaders on the important topic of job creation. Some of the high level comments from these speakers on job creation include:
Mr. Nzimande noted that the future stability of our country depends on opportunities for young people. The challenge is to ask how social partners can contribute to address the problem of unemployment. Mr. Nzimande appealed to business to make every workplace a training place.
Ms. Zille noted that investment is crucial for the creation of new businesses that would in turn create jobs. Ms. Zille emphasized that South Africa must appeal to foreign investors as there is high international competition for funds and that problems like policy uncertainty, corruption and burdensome regulatory environment needs to be address as it stifles potential investment in South Africa.
SACCI is also pleased to present our Annual Awards during the Gala Dinner:
• Annual Award for Women in Business: Ms. Andel Greyling from Soutpansberg Chamber of Commerce
• Annual Chamber Award: Pietermaritzburg Chamber of Business
• Trade Survey Award: Petromark - Automotive and Industrial Lubricants
SACCI is proud of the successful 2012 Annual Convention and is excited about the future of South African policy debate on economic growth and job creation.