GreenCape Job Opportunities
GreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports the development of the green economy – one that is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. We assist green technology businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to investment and growth.
GreenCape’s five-year strategy aims to be globally relevant in driving the uptake of green economy infrastructure solutions in the developing world context. As such, GreenCape is expecting to double in size in the next five years.
For more details on GreenCape, visit www.greencape.co.za
GreenCape is on the search for talent. We have opportunities available across sectors; Energy, Water, Agriculture and the Circular Economy.
We are looking for individuals to fill roles within the Junior Analyst to Expert Analyst levels.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Graduate degree or Post Graduate degree
- Relevant work experience in the Energy, Water or Circular Economy will be highly advantageous
- Strong Excel Skills
- Excellent data gathering, analysing and interpretation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- High levels of professionalism.
- High levels of integrity.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Flexibility and the willingness to contribute to other organisational needs when required.
- Have a demonstrable ability for effective problem solving and impact orientation.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure and in complex situations.
- Passion for the green economy
- Possess a valid SA drivers’ licence.
- Willingness to travel when required
Contract length and remuneration
The contract period will be subject to the start date and will end on the 31 March 2022. The contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for all roles.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account. This successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible or taking their notice period into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what roles or sector interests you the most:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link: https://forms.gle/iG2ARPjyLnTkNhNx7
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 28 February 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful. If you are unsuccessful, your details will be added to the GreenCape jobs database for future opportunities.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.