/ MEDIA STATEMENT / The content on this page is not written by Polity.org.za, but is supplied by third parties. This content does not constitute news reporting by Polity.org.za.
The Democratic Alliance welcomes Premier Alan Winde’s announcement today on the changes within the Western Cape cabinet.
The DA-run Western Cape has a stellar track record of being the best-run province in the country and we are confident that the new cabinet will continue to govern the province with distinction and will work hard to deliver quality services to all residents.
Premier Winde has announced the following:
- Tertuis Simmers is appointed Provincial Minister of Infrastructure
- Daylin Mitchell is appointed Provincial Minister of Mobility
- David Maynier will be appointed Provincial Minister of Education from 15 May
- Mireille Wenger will be appointed Provincial Minister of Finance and Economic Opportunities from 15 May
- Reagan Allen is appointed Provincial Minister of Community Safety and Police Oversight
We wish the Premier and his new team well for the work that lies ahead.
Issued by Jaco Londt - DA Provincial Chairperson