The Democratic Alliance in the North West Province announced its caucus spokespersons. The woman and men will be the team that will lead the party in the province in the sixth administration.
The four Members of the Provincial Legislature (MPLs) are ready to efficiently play their role in upholding the rule of law, ensuring that the North West Provincial Legislature serve the people, and to exercise its oversight and accountability authority as an opposition party without fear or favour.
We are ready to formulate an alternative plan for provincial government that will be tabled through private members’ bills in the Legislature as an alternative to the ANC’s disastrous socio-economic policies.
The portfolio allocation of the MPLs are as follows:
Winston Rabotapi, Caucus Leader and Spokesperson for:
• Premiers Office
• Department of Finance
• Oversight of North West Provincial Legislature
• Provincial Public Accounts (PPAC)
Cell: 082 464 2651
Freddy Sonakile, Chief Whip and Spokesperson for:
• Cooperative Governance, Human Settlement and Traditional Affairs
• Department of Community Safety and Transport
• Department of Public Works and Roads
• Legislative Review and Implementation of House Resolutions
Cell: 060 960 2821
Jacqueline Theologo, Spokesperson for:
• Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism
• Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
• Department of Arts, Culture, Sport and Recreation
Cell: 082 897 9876
Gavin Edwards, Spokesperson for:
• Department of Education
• Department of Social Development
• Department of Health
Cell: 083 782 0911
The DA is ready to serve the people of the North West by holding government accountable and fighting for the rights of each and every citizen of this province.
Issued by DA