The Catholic Parliamentary Liaison Office and the Hanns Seidel Foundation recently hosted a series of webinars asking pertinent questions about the Covid-19 lockdown and the effects of the pandemic, as well as non-Covid matters facing South Africa.
1. Edward Kieswtter – Restoring efficiency & integrity at SARS
2. The Social Market Economy: A Model for South Africa?
3. Ann Bernstein – Tackling youth unemployment through better skills training
4. Bridget Masango – The DA's views on social grants, gender-based violence and social cohesion
5. Sello Hatang – The Black Lives Matter movement, racism, and police brutality, in South Africa and abroad
6. Trevor Manuel – Is COVID-19 an Opportunity to Rethink the Economy?
7. Mamphela Ramphele – South African's response to the Covid-19 crisis
8. Lawson Naidoo – Constitutional aspects of lockdown
9. Fr Peter-John Pearson – How has Covid-19 affected the rights of asylum seekers, migrants and refugees
10. Steven Friedman – Serving or controlling? Administering the lockdown