The EFF notes that the state of public healthcare in South Africa is in a crisis. Our people go to hospitals not to get life, care, and recovery, but to be humiliated, condemned and driven to early death. Our public health institutions have no basic facilities, buildings are collapsing, machines are broken and there are no skilled healthcare practitioners.
The EFF in its 4th National Plenum declared the year 2018 as the “The Year of Public Health Care”.
EFF Joburg Regional Chairperson, Musa Novela and the Johannesburg leadership will lead a picket to Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital to hand over a Memorandum of demands to the hospital’s Mr. Sizwe Mavathulane (HRM)
The EFF will hand over the memorandum with the following demands but not limited to;
- That the hospital must hire more qualified Nurses and Doctors
- Good working conditions for all who work for the hospital
- Improve the quality of health care in the hospital, hygiene
- Dignity and respect to all patients living with HIV and AIDS
- Timeous attendance to all patience in the reception area
- Supply of clean hospital laundries and a healthy diet
- Clean and hygienic hospital wards at all times...
We therefore invite all members of the media to come and report to the public on the purpose of this organized picketing. Details are as follows;
Date: 24 April 2018 (TODAY)
Meeting point: Pieter Roos Park (Empire Road-Parktown)
Time: 11h00 (11am)
We hope that you will receive our request with a spirit of unity, nation building and making sure that we improve the state of quality of public healthcare for all in Johannesburg and its surrounding areas.
MUSA NOVELA (Joburg Regional Chairperson)
Cell: (060) 643 3375 Email: email@example.com
Twitter: @effjoburg Instagram: @effjoburg