South African Airways (SAA) would like to urge all its customers to allow for additional time as they make their way to OR Tambo International Airport today. The airline is making this call to all its customers to mitigate the impact of protest action on the major roads leading to and out of the airport by arriving earlier than usual.
“We would like to plead with all our passengers who will be travelling from OR Tambo International to make every effort to arrive early at the airport today even if they will fly later in the day. This will minimise the impact on our operations and eliminate the inconvenience of travelling much later than they had planned,” said SAA Spokesperson Tlali Tlali.
The airline will provide as much assistance to passengers who missed their flights today and will explore re-accommodating them on later flights. This offer is subject to space availability and the following conditions:
- Applicable to customers holding valid tickets issued on or before 10 March 2017
- Rebooking on the next available flight and travel in the same cabin or same booking class
- Applicable only to tickets issued on SAA stock/code 083 and no other airlines
SAA will provide updates on the status of its flights and operations through the airline’s official communication channels
SAA Official Channels of Communication are listed below:
Johannesburg Call Centre | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0860 606 606
- Website: www.flysaa.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/flysaa
- Twitter: Twitter.com./flysaa
- Twitter (customer service): @flysaa_care
Issued by SAA