The Department of Mechanical Engineering at UCT hosts the administrative and operational Hub of the Eskom Power Plant Engineering Institute (EPPEI) inter‑university Consortium. The Department invites applications from highly qualified individuals for the position of EPPEI Consortium Director, effective as soon as possible. This is a four year fixed term contract position.
The EPPEI Consortium Director will lead the Consortium Management Team (CMT) and will chair the EPPEI Executive Committee. The EPPEI Executive Committee is responsible for developing the overall strategic direction of the Consortium, establishing relationships and networks with outside stakeholders as well as for developing, maintaining and upholding the policies by which the Consortium is governed.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive academic experience, proven strategic leadership abilities and a good track record of working with industry.
A Doctoral Degree in Engineering AND, EITHER
- A minimum of five years’ working experience as a senior university academic (i.e Professor or A/Professor) with a proven track record of working with industry and specifically the power industry; OR
- A minimum of five years’ working experience as a senior engineer or consultant in the power industry in a specialised technical role with a proven track record of working with academic universities.
Selection will be informed by evidence of:
- Links with industry.
- Strategic and operational knowledge of both industry and the academic environment.
- Demonstrable strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Business leadership and networking ability.
- Analytical problem solving ability.
- Group facilitation, cross functional conflict resolution skills.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R921 005 and R1, 083 535.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Abigail Dixon at email@example.com:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc);
- Motivation Letter; and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: 021 650 1673
Reference number: E18145
Closing date: 30 March 2018
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.